Madden 12 Franchize
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm on Vacation

+3
Draydayz
Luke4202
WILL MESS
7 posters

Go down

I'm on Vacation Empty I'm on Vacation

Post  WILL MESS Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:18 pm

I just wanted to let you guys know I'll be on vacation Oct 1st-8th(not close to civilization). I plan on being a dedicated member of the league but timing is bad for the beginning of it. If that's a deal breaker, I understand if you want to add someone else instead. I'll be set as away otherwise? I guess that will let people play the computer instead of me.

WILL MESS

Back to top Go down

I'm on Vacation Empty Re: I'm on Vacation

Post  Luke4202 Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:43 pm

If it lets them play the computer, that's fine with me. I'm ok with people missing a little time every now and then if they have to. Just let us know before hand, so the person you play isn't constantly searching for you. As long as you let us know before hand, we can sim the games. No reason to suffer a 68-0 blowout just because you couldn't make one game. Remember, those points might be used as a playoff tiebreaker.

If, however, you go awol for a week and don't let me know you might find yourself booted. I'm not going to keep simming games for someone who might not be coming back.

Luke4202

Back to top Go down

Post  Draydayz Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Since he's on vacation for his first game against the Ravens will I be able to play the CPU?

Draydayz

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke4202 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:46 pm

I don't think it will let you, but it's worth a try.

Luke4202

Back to top Go down

Post  Draydayz Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:04 pm

No it wouldn't let me and I don't want to have to sim my game.

Draydayz

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke4202 Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:02 pm

I don't want you to have to sim it either, and it sucks that it's your first game. I know it doesn't seem fair, but it's not fair to the rest of us if I let you curb stomp a defenseless computer 67-0. Every team has a user, so we're all fighting hard every week. I can't just hand you a free win because your opponent is out of town. Will mess is a good owner, and once he is back he will Neva greatbowner to have in the league. It just sucks that you play him at the wrong time.

Luke4202

Back to top Go down

Post  hotshotnate2 Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:15 pm

How about if you let someone sub in against him? So boot Will until he gets back and have someone sub in for him for the 2 games or whatever Will would have missed. That way its not unfair against either person. Will won't get free loses and his opponent actually gets to play

Just a suggestion

hotshotnate2

Back to top Go down

Post  pollitocano Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:39 pm

mmmmm... well to ponts.. I think its unfair to sim games because
1.-Players with no stars (like my team) will loose every game
2.-There are a lot of injuries and I wouldn´t like to have all my team in Inured Reserve...

I think that the best way is to play the CPU and don´t blow the score... if a Player playing agianst the CPU will win 68-0 then next time sim the game.. so i think that a warning is better than having all your games sim... cause i prefer playing the CPU and try to win than having the games sim with my team....

Why dont we create a pool???

Its unfair to sim a game if one user is ready to play.. if both aren´t then sim the game..

my point of view...

pollitocano

Back to top Go down

Post  MCTK3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:45 pm

I tend to agree with the "sub" suggestion..

I know my team will lose a lot of games if we have to simulate..

It is up to you though.. I will take it as a "thats the the dice fall" scenario if it happens once or twice..

More than that I will be upset though..

MCTK3

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerin407 Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:07 pm

I suggest having a vote of all 32 members to decide

Gerin407

Back to top Go down

Post  Draydayz Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Yeah that was my concern is that I will have to sim the game and one of my players get hurt without me even playing a down with em. The owner stated in this thread that he doesn't mind us playing against the CPU in his absence, which I believe is fair because we are here ready to play and he's sipping lemonade on an island. Plus his team is waaay more stacked than mine so I don't belive it would be a blowout if even a win.

Draydayz

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke4202 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:24 am

Gentlemen,

Over the next 5 weeks, this league will play 512 games. I am not going to boot players from the league (and worry about making sure they get back on the right team) every time two players can't meet up. The "subsitiute" solution is a good one, but I can't go looking for a sub and be adding and dropping players every time two players have trouble getting together for a game (there are just too many games).

If you look around the league at the injury report, you will see that injuries occur all the time. Simming a game does not lead to an increased chance of injury, players drop like flies no matter what you do.

There is no reason that WILL MESS should suffer an automatic loss just because he can't be on for a stretch of time. It is however, possible that I granted him too long of a leave of abscence. If you want to boot him because he is missing too much time, I can see the logic in that, but I won't endorse a solution that gives easy wins via playing the CPU unless we can't find an owner to fill the team.

On 9/30/2011 I outlined my solution to this problem. I created that post 3 days before the draft and nobody had a problem with the way I was handling it. I flat out told the man that was the way I would be handling the issue. I understand that nobody thought they would be the one missing games, but I can't really go back on my word now.

Luke4202

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum