Madden 12 Franchize
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT Is this cheese?

3 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT Is this cheese? Empty IMPORTANT Is this cheese?

Post  Luke4202 Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:21 am

I've had a few complaints about certain behaviors, so I thought I would open it up to the league for discussion. We can outlaw any of these things if the league wants to. They are tough to monitor, but I'm sure most people would obey them out of courtesey. Please comment below with your thoughts about banning these or other behaviors/plays.

1. I've had a lot of people complaining about people running up the score, or people going for 2 when they are already winning, etc.
- As far as I can see, this is a great reason to hate somebody and create a great rivalry, but I don't think you want a rule against running up the score. We're all trying to get our players stats so that they will develop, and if I ever run into a weak pass defense I'll probably be throwing all game to get Julio Jones some numbers. I don't plan to make it disrespectful, and I don't plan to go for two, but I'm not an ass either. Some people are. I also don't see anything like this at work in the NFL, they run the score up on each other all the time. The Cheifs vs. Raiders rivalry is full of examples of all sorts of discurtious crap that they do to each other. It doesn't make them friends, but it doesn make it more fun when you win.

2. I got a complaint about timing the snap with the middle linebacker. The user repeatedly moves away from and toward the line of scrimage during the pre-snap phase. If he times it just right, the guy can get through the line almost untouched.
- I don't have a real problem with this, I just snap the ball while he's heading backwards. I also like to give a hard count by pressing RB. This also seems like something that is fairly true to life in the real NFL. If you time the snap count perfectly, players REALLY CAN get into the backfield much easier or even unblocked. There are also a lot of disadvantages to rocketing into the backfield as fast as you possibly can. You know the guy is blizting, so you know his zone will be empty and if I audible to a sweep, there's a good chance it takes your MLB out of the play.

3. Complaints about QB sneaks.
- I don't see any reason to outlaw these. Just like the real NFL, they only get me the yard I need about 75% of the time. If there are any things about this play that should be addressed, please chime in below.

Luke4202

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT Is this cheese? Empty Re: IMPORTANT Is this cheese?

Post  MCTK3 Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:41 am

In my opinion all of the above are fair, save the 2 point conversion thing..

If you are down 14-6 and you score a TD, going for 2 is fair.. It gives potential to tie the game..
If you are up 20-14 and you score a TD, going for 2 is fair.. It gives potential to be up 14..
If you are up 42-14 and you score a TD, going for 2 is poor sportsmanship..

As for other "running up the scores" I am okay with it.. Player progression is an important thing, and it is partially performance based..

MCTK3

Back to top Go down

Post  SmackSaw Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:16 pm

It's like college football.....it kind of sucks that it is important, but the facts are the facts. Running up the score is one of those unpleasant things that you have to do ifyou can.....

But this is an interesting question. I worry and wonder if what I do might be cheesing....

I have a couple of pass plays that I will turn to if I need a big play....I'll go to each 2-3 times a game and they're about 65-75% effective. That's pretty good, I think. But they each only work against a couple different defensive play types.

Another thing I've done, actually only in one game though, is blitz a lot. I found that if I gave a certain QB time he was able to cruise around the pocket for 5+ seconds until he found an open reciever. He marched through my D like it was melted butter.....or rather right over them, on the first drive. So i decided I'd have to blitz him and did so some 80% of the plays from then on out. It seemed that when I didn't, I got burned for it. It was a mix of a number of blitz plays, though one I used more than the others because the formation dictated by the situation.

I wouldn't think any of this would be described as cheesing, but it seems like a pretty difficult thing to define. Guess what I'm asking is am I getting close to the edge, here....

SmackSaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke4202 Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:09 pm

I don't think you did anything wrong Smacksaw. I run a 3-4, so just like a real 3-4 one of the linebackers is blitzing almost every play (but not always). The Chiefs send Tamba Hali on a blitz about 90% of the time because he sucks in coverage.

Luke4202

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum