Madden 12 Franchize
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I suck, need help

5 posters

Go down

I suck, need help Empty I suck, need help

Post  Luke4202 Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:56 am

I am now 2-4. I lost 10-7 to a 5-0 opponent after throwing 4 interceptions three of which were in the red zone. I have thrown at least 4 picks in every game I have played so far. I literally can't pass the ball without throwing a pick every 5th play or so. What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm really starting to hate this part of the game (passing). Should I just start kicking field goals on first down every time I get in range?

Luke4202

Back to top Go down

I suck, need help Empty Re: I suck, need help

Post  hotshotnate2 Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:22 am

Its just a matter of relearning this game. I threw a ton of INTs until I adjusted to the new zone defense. You can't necessarily just wait for a WR to get open like in past Maddens since pressure comes at you much quicker. In our game you got predictable. Just practice your playbook and get use to all the plays. If you like just 1 play out of a formation then the defense will pick up on it and expect it so just figure out how to use other plays out of that formation.

You aren't bad at Madden. You pound the ball pretty well so try and stick with that while playing a good defense. Don't force some throws like in the red zone. Zone's get much tighter so its even harder to throw. Some of those INTs were just my players jumping the route. Those things will happen. It also doesn't help using Vick. He tempts you into moving around a lot which isn't good.

I'm not exactly sure how much knowledge you have in Madden so I'm not intending for this to make you look like an idiot. Just go into practice mode and try and read the defense and figure out what works against what coverage and learn the timing of your throws. Expand your offense and dictate how the defense will play against you

hotshotnate2

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke4202 Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:15 am

Good advice, thanks. What about that one user pick you had on the deep ball down the sideline to Julio Jones earlier in the game. I feel like I throw those a lot. I've got a good tall receiver one on one in man coverage and I try to throw it to him deep. Then the ball is underthrown and I feel like he never even has a chance at it and the defender has a 50/50 chance of picking it. I just feel like there's very few times when the QB puts the ball exactly on target. Probably something to do with the happy feet like you said. Those last two picks, I was really thinking about kicking a field goal as soon as I got into range, I guess I should have, haha.

Luke4202

Back to top Go down

Post  LubricantShrimp Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:50 pm

its alright luke, we all struggle on offense sometimes. I know its tempting to throw deep to julio in one on one coverage. But remember, this is still a video game. Height matters, but not that much. If your guy is streaking down field and the CB is running with him, the CB will go up and make a play. I'm sure your WR will too, but if the C is halfway decent, they will more than likely knock it down. Sometimes, when your frustrated, you tend to throw the ball deep in order to get quick pts.

It seems your a run first team from what i read. You should try the west coast offense. Builds the pass off the run. They tend to throw shorter passes, but get that YAC. It may be a good idea to throw shorter passes and methodically move the ball down field. I'm not saying dont throw deep either. With all the runs and short passes, you can surprise your opponent and go deep. Just gotta make your reads and find the open man. hope this helps dude!

LubricantShrimp

Back to top Go down

Post  hotshotnate2 Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Throwing deep is hit or miss. Sometimes the WR will beat the CB but the QB will under throw it or sometimes the CB will get a boost and knock it down. Vick just under threw it so I grabbed it with my CB. Sometimes the WR will be behind the CB and the WR will catch in front of the defenders face and other times the defender will jump the route and get the INT.

I'm not an expert at throwing deep yet so I can't really give you tips for that but if you have a 1 on 1 coverage with no safety or zone then you can take some shots and hope the QB makes a good throw. I remember once in our game I had a WR in slot wide open on a streak but my QB over threw him.

hotshotnate2

Back to top Go down

Post  MCTK3 Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Luke, the one thing I noticed in our game was that you often threw moving backward, or throwing while trying to avoid pressure..

This ALWAYS leads to a slower throw, and often off target..

I too am really struggling with my passing game.. Not so much with interceptions but with finding open receivers..

What I wish is that you could do scrimmage games with our teams..

Maybe start an off-line franchise and build up a team with all of your players and just practice a little bit with that?

MCTK3

Back to top Go down

Post  priestmvp Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Yeah think it's very important to let QB set and throw while not moving back or sliding to side for accuracy sake. But I've seemed to notice that on those long balls too many times especially down the sidelines or in the back of or side of endzone if you throw it the "big" wr will just put out his little alligator arms with his feet on the ground while the corner leaps up and either knocks it down or ints it. You have to manually make the WR jump to attempt to catch the ball. Otherwise your 6'4 WR with incredible jump ratings will do nothing while the 5'10 CB ints it right in front of him lol.

priestmvp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum